340g bread flour
6g instant yeast
60g Nestum cereal
290ml fresh milk
40g condensed milk
50g unsalted butter
6g unsalted butter (for coating the baking pan)
10ml of fresh milk (brushing)
2 tsp Nestum cereal (for final coating)
- Preheat oven at 160°C
- Mix flour, Nestum cereal & instant yeast inside the mixer bowl. Attach dough hook onto mixer machine.
- On your mixer and mix in fresh milk followed by condensed milk slowly. Mix till well combined.
- Sprinkle salt into the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add in butter cubes one by one.
- Let it mix for about 8 – 10 minutes till dough is formed and the window pane stretch is achieved.
- Cover dough and let it proof for 1 hour.
- Oil your baking tin (13 inch x 9 inch) with butter.
- Punch down the dough to release gas bubbles in the dough. Cut dough evenly into 12 balls and shape them accordingly.
- Place dough onto a baking tin and let it do a 2nd proofing for another 1 hour, till the dough doubles up in size.
- Brush dough with milk lightly, then sprinkle the balanced Nestum cereal on top.
- Bake at 160°C for 20 - 25 minutes depending on each and individual oven performance.
- Gently transfer bread to the cooling rack and let it rest till it cools.