1 hours 20 minutes
4 boneless & skinless chicken thigh (cut into tiny cubes)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped carrot
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
One handful of mushrooms (chopped)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Nestlé Cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Dried parsley for garnishing
Squeeze of lemon juice
Some lemon zest
One pack of ready Pastry puffs
20g salted butter
100ml chicken stock
1 tbsp raw sugar
170g Nestlé Cream
100ml white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar & 2 tbsp Nestlé Cream. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pan with butter, light sauté onions, add in minced garlic and chopped mushrooms, continue to mix well.
- Add in chicken pieces and cook well.
- Pour in chicken stock & white wine. Add in raw sugar, mix well and bring it to a gentle boil.
- Low heat. Add in Nestlé Cream, stir well to mix to thicken the sauce.
- Add in a squeeze of lemon juice, quick stir to mix well.
- Zest in some lemon zest and parsley. Mix well.
- Take out the ready-made pastry puff from the freezer, let it sit over the countertop.
- Cut out the slightly bigger diameter of your ramekin and set aside.
- Grease each of your ramekin. Fill each ramekin with chicken pie ingredients.
- Lay it around the rim of the ramekin as if it clings onto the ramekin.
- Then place each cut out disc onto the ramekin, press it down firmly. Take a fork and gently push around the edges to stick the pastry to your ramekin.
- Use a fork to poke several holes at the centre of the pastry to let air escape during baking.
- Brush each pie with beaten egg.
- Send into the oven to bake for 30 – 40 minutes depending on the oven performance.