Matcha & Chocolate Mousse Cake
2 hours 45 minutes
Ingredients for the crust:
100g digestive biscuits
50g melted butter
Ingredients for chocolate mousse:
400g cream cheese / mascarpone cheese
10g gelatin powder
80g couverture white chocolate or milk or dark chocolate (up to preference)
250g Nestlé Cream
14g matcha powder
100g Nestlé Cream
Ingredients for matcha glaze:
2g gelatin powder
8g matcha powder
50g Nestlé Cream
- Crush and blend digestive biscuits.
- Melt butter in a pot, lightly cool it and pour over biscuit crumbs. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture into dessert cups. Press to level the mixture. Set aside.
- Whisk cream cheese with sugar till well combined. Set aside.
- Mix 60g milk to 10g gelatin powder together. Over a water bath, mix until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
- Chopped white chocolate into smaller pieces. Pour it over a mixing bowl over a water bath and mix until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour Nestlé Cream over melted chocolate, whisk till well combined. Transfer mixture to an ice bath and whisk well till you see a slight ribbons form.
- Add chocolate mixture into cream cheese mixture that was set aside and mix well.
- Set aside 300g of chocolate cream cheese mixture.
- In another bowl, add Nestlé Cream and sifted matcha powder mix well until combined.
- Combine matcha mixture with the 300g chocolate cream cheese mixture. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Set the matcha layer over the biscuit base, spread evenly and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take out dessert cups from the freezer and and layer rest of chocolate cream cheese mixture, spread evenly and chill in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- In a small pan, mix 60g sugar, 40g of water and sift in 8g matcha powder together, mix well over low heat.
- Heat pan over very low heat till it starts to slightly boil. Pour in 50g Nestlé Cream, mix well and leave to cool slightly.
- In another bowl mix 10g of water and 2g of gelatin powder and mix well.
- Strain matcha glaze into gelatin mixture and mix well.
- Take dessert cups out from the freezer layer matcha glaze over mousse cake. Give it a few swirls to level it.
- Chill cups in the fridge for over 5 hours – 8 hours before serving.