Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe
1 hour 30 minutes
400g cream cheese (room temperature)
120g fine sugar
3 large eggs (room temperature)
250g Nestlé Cream
20g cake flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
- Line the 6-inch cake tin with 2 layers of baking paper and ensure there is some extra baking paper above the tin.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time and continue beating until smooth. Scrape down sides to ensure it's evenly mixed. Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and ½ of the whipping cream and mix until smooth. Add the next ½ and mix again, add the rest and mix until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly add cream and flour mixture into the cheese mixture while the mixer is beating on low speed until mixed well. Increase to medium speed and mix for 10-15 seconds until just combined.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake at 200°C for 50 minutes until top is dark amber and slightly charred. Make sure the middle is still wobbly.
- Remove cake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.