250g mascarpone cheese
250g Nestlé cream
2 eggs (separated yolks & whites)
50g raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200ml espresso (room temperature)
90ml of kahlua
30ml dark rum
2 packs of ladyfingers (need approx.. 24 fingers)
pinch of salt
Cocoa powder / chocolate powder for dusting
- Get ready the espresso at room temperature. Mix in the Kahlua and set aside.
- Get ready a pyrex dish. (measurements)
- Begin dipping each ladyfingers into the espresso mixture. Mix a QUICK DIP as you do not want to over saturate the ladyfingers as they will taste soggy. Lay them on the pyrex dish as one solid 1st layer.
- With a mixer, whisk mascarpone cheese & rum together till smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare a heatproof bowl over simmering water (low heat) DO NOT LET THE WATER TOUCH the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together till light & foamy. Remove from heat and pour immediately into mascarpone cheese mixture. Whisk till well combined.
- Whisk Nestlé cream & vanilla extract until medium peak forms.
- Fold in whipped Nestlé cream into mascarpone mixture till well combined.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites and salt together until foamy and it comes to stiff peak. Fold into mascarpone cream.
- Spread half the mascarpone cream evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Quick dip another batch of ladyfingers with espresso mixture and layer on top of the mascarpone cream.
- Spread the rest of the mascarpone cream evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours.
- Sift cocoa powder on top of the mascarpone cheese before serving.