4 pieces of boneless chicken thigh (cut into bite sizes)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp garlic & onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 egg white
Frying flour mixture:
2 tbsp corn flour
6 tbsp potato starch
1½ tsp salt
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1½ tsp baking powder
1 cup Nestum cereal
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp chicken powder
1½ tbsp milk powder
100g salted butter
20 curry leaves
4 chilli padis (deseeded and chopped)
- Cut boneless chicken thigh into small bite sizes, wash, drain and dry.
- Marinate chicken in marinating ingredients for at least 30 minutes. For best results let it sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture. Coat and dust out excess flour.
- Shallow fry them in batches till light brown. Dish up.
- Give it a 2nd fry till golden brown and crisps. Dish up and set aside.
- In a bowl combine sugar, Nestum cereal, chicken powder & milk powder. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt butter, add in curry leaves and chilli padis, sauté till fragrant.
- Add in Nestum cereal mixture, give it a good mix.
- Quickly toss in fried chicken pieces, mix till well combined.