Do you spend most of your working day sitting at your desk tapping your fingers on the keyboard and before you know it, it's time for dinner? And you didn't even realised that you rarely move the whole day.
Exercising at work seems impossible to do. However, exercise is a vital and important aspect of a healthy lifestyle. Exercise and activity helps protect you from heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, back pain, osteoporosis and help reduce stress, tension, anxiety and depression.
These simple exercises you can do at or near your desk would help boost energy.
- Sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair. This will strengthen your abs and back and you'll work on your posture without even trying.
- Set an alarm to go off every hour to remind you to stand up and move around. Even if you just swing your arms or take a deep breath, you'll feel more alert.
- Use the restroom on another floor and take the stairs.
- Use a pedometer and keep track of how many steps you take. Aim for 10,000 steps a day.
- Deliver documents or messages to co-workers in person rather than by email or phone.
- Go to the mall for lunch and park on the opposite end of the food court. Don't forget to buy something healthy.
- Get a headset for your phone so you can move around while you talk.
Take mini breaks throughout your work day for a little exercise for a healthier you!